This 4 ingredient recipe makes a simple breakfast or snack. Made in advance they can also be added to the lunchbox to contribute to a serving of fruit, 1/2 a serving of “meat replacement” and about 1/2 a serving of calcium foods when served with yoghurt.
- 1 egg
- 1 over-ripe banana
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Linseed, Sunflower and Almond Meal (LSA) or nut meal of your choice
- Dice banana and place into a blender or small food processor
- Add egg and milk
- Mix for about 20 second until ingredients just combined
- Add LSA to wet mixture, stir lightly.
- Let mixture stand for 2-3 minutes until LSA lightly binds some of the mixture.
- Pour into a heated, lightly oiled pan and cook until bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Flip and cooked the second side until golden.
- Enjoy hot, cool, on it’s own or with a dollop of natural yoghurt or ricotta cheese.